[Closed] Pork Job, Malang

What crossed your mind when you heard the word ‘Pork Job’? Pork chop? Or even something sensual? This word play intrigued me to drop by Pork Job and find out what they had in store. Pork Job is literally a pork sanctuary in Malang. It brought me excitement when I saw their menu board and found what I had been craving for: roasted pork belly!





The inside of Pork Job looks attractive to the younger crowd with the use of neon sign quotes (which implies that pork is #betterthansex, ahem)

The menu focuses heavily on pork (duh) and you can find a variety of pork rice bowl with Asian influences like Thai, Cantonese and Balinese. They also sell simple drinks like iced tea and iced coffee, but you better don't expect much. I tried their iced avocado coffee and it was forgettable with almost no trace of coffee.


100gr Pork Belly + Sambal Matah - IDR50,000
Unfortunately, my family was rushing to go back to Surabaya as they were afraid of traffic jam in the evening, so I dabao-ed the food. I had the 'just meat' option, which came with a choice of sauce. For the 100gr meat, you get to choose the type: pork belly, char siew or bacon. The pork belly came with the right amount of fats which melted in my mouth. If only I got to enjoy the pork on the spot, I would be able to feel the crackling skin. The meat was moist although I wished it was more seasoned.

Pork lovers, you have found your new home in Malang. The sio bak (roasted pork belly) at Pork Job was of good quality and it was well-executed. While there might be some things that could be improved, it is certainly one-of-a-kind pork place in Malang, and hopefully they would do well in the scene.

-

Jl. Bondowoso 16
Malang, Indonesia 65115
+6282297883838
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts