Redback Specialty Coffee, Surabaya

Starting from a small outlet in Darmo, Redback Specialty Coffee has finally expanded its venture by opening a bigger and cozier cafe in Graha Family. The location makes it perfect for residents in the area and all the westerners to have their first cuppa of the day.


Its semi-outdoor (smoking) section has an unobstructed view to the lush golf course - you will not want to leave your seat, unless you really cannot stand the smoke.


Flat White - IDR33,000
After all, Redback is renowned for their coffee, thus I had a cup of flat white which came with beautiful latte art. I have noticed that lately I like to order flat white whenever I want something less milky than latte. In my opinion, Redback's flat white is not the best one around, but its robustness and acidity level are just compatible to my preference.

Sweet Sunshine - IDR38,000
Redback also has fruity-based drink options if you are not into coffee. My cousin had this concoction called Sweet Sunshine, a mix of peach, mango, plus a hint of soda. It was really refreshing to drink in this unforgiving hot weather.

Truffle French Fries - IDR55,000
You know what, this bowl of truffle fries was the highlight of my visit (funny how I appreciate the snack more than coffee, especially in a specialty coffee shop like Redback). Could it be an outcome of not eating truffle fries for so long (unlike in Singapore, truffle fries is not something you can easily find in Surabaya cafes)? The fries were tossed in truffle oil, served piping hot and topped with generous parmesan shavings. Seriously, I was so happy with that generous truffle oil spread! I could say it is one of the worthiest truffle fries to get in Surabaya.


Spaghetti Bolognese - IDR68,000
I asked the staff if I could change it to penne and he catered to my request. The pasta was done al dente. The Bolognese sauce was unfortunately a little watery and it was not beefy enough. Not worth the price.

Grilled Chicken Sandwich - IDR68,000
My cousin's sandwich turned out to be a disappointment to her. She felt kinda cheated paying IDR60,000 for this unfilling sandwich without any sides, not even simple salad. She also thought that the chicken meat tasted weird - it tasted fine to me though, just that the serving size was too small.

Overall, if you are a coffee-first person, you will enjoy yourself at Redback sipping on a cup of coffee with the golf course view. But if you come to eat, the food may not be able to satisfy your tummy and tastebuds. I would probably give Redback another try for its croissant — heard that it's one of the best croissants in town — and truffle fries (F yeah!).

-

Graha Golf 2 Show Unit Block K
Graha Family
Surabaya, Indonesia 60226
+6231-99148377
IG: redbackcoffee_indo
Opening hours: 6am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts