Natahati Coffee & Eatery, Surakarta

There were plenty of eateries in Surakarta that I wanted to visit, but due to the time constraint I had to pick just a few. One of my picks went to Natahati, which was located on a relatively small lane but not far from the main road. I noticed that recently there have been more new cafes opening in residential areas instead of downtown. It perhaps reflect of how much cafe culture has caught on us that we now expect to find cafe within a stone's throw of where we live.







Apparently, Natahati shares the same premise with JW Naungan, a modern urban co-living space that functions as accommodation and co-working space. Super love the architecture!

These days, there is a multitude of cafes popping up all over the city, and every business needs to have something special in order to strive in the industry. At Natahati, it is definitely the dining ambiance. When the day is not too hot, the outdoor dining space is enjoyable. Even the interior gives a cozy and warm feel, the low chairs are comfy and perfect for long chit chat sessions. So the million Dollar question, how did the food and drink fare?


Hot Latte - IDR38,000
The latte was enjoyable, especially that I drank it after an early morning road trip from Surabaya. I would have loved it more if there was a stronger hint of caffeine though.

Es Kopi Kawista - IDR39,000
I am an Indonesian yet I have never heard of kawista fruit before. It is actually a hard-shelled fruit that still belongs to the oranges (Rutaceae) family. It has sugary, sharp, and acidic flavor combined with sweet and sour, tamarind-like notes. Unfortunately, the kawista syrup did not stand out much when combined with iced coffee.

Es Yakult Leci - IDR42,000
The familiar taste of Yakult and lychee is a refreshingly unique combination and always welcome in this tropical heat.

French Fries - IDR35,000
My family had planned to have lunch at another place after the cafe visit, so we just ordered one savory and one sweet bites to share. The fries had good crunch and light saltiness, but the portion was quite small for the price.

Croffles - IDR45,000
And how could I miss out this viral dessert? The croffles were lightly crisped and not hard to bite. The texture also leaned more towards a croissant rather than waffle. As for the chocolate and matcha sauces, you cannot go wrong with them both. They were sweet but not in a sickening kind of way, simply delicious to pair with the croffles.

I was not really sure of what to expect before coming to Natahati, but this place definitely exceeded my expectations. While the location was quite out of the way, I liked the vibe the place gave as it was relatively quiet and intimate. Despite the casual vibe, it had the higher-end service feel as the staffs were all helpful and friendly (the barista even asked me for feedback if the coffee suited my preference and another lady staff was gladly engaged in a convo with my grandma). The owner truly has something nice going on here. Food and drinks have the potential to be amazing with some tweaks and improvements. I am definitely looking forward to my next visit!

-

Jl. Punggawan 6, Banjarsari
Surakarta, Indonesia 57132
+62271-7470888
Opening hours: 8am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts