Lukumades, Surabaya

'Excited' does not even come close to describing my reaction when Lukumades, Australia's Greek-style doughnut store opened its first Surabaya branch. It all started in 2017 when Lukumades opened its first spot in Melbourne as a food truck. From such humble beginning, it has been expanding to Sydney, Jakarta, and now Surabaya.


I came on their second opening day at 10.15am and was greeted by the queue. There was a promotion where you could get a free small-sized loukoumades for every purchase of regular-sized one. I queued for about 30 minutes until I finally got the loukoumades on my hand.

Lukumades is known for dishing up a modern spin on traditional Greek loukoumades. It has many delectable options such as Twix, Bueno, Lotus and Snickers, just to name a tasty few. For the indecisive ones, you are welcome to get the 'Half and Half' option consisting of 2 different options.


Matcha Balls (regular size) - IDR68,000
After having a hard time deciding which one to get (all of them sound irresistibly delicious!), I opted for the cult favorite, matcha. The dough puffs were fried to perfection and smothered in matcha-flavored white chocolate. They are best eaten warm, as you will get those perfect crunch outside and chewiness inside.

Lotus Crunch (mini size) - IDR48,000
As an all-time Lotus Biscoff sucker, there's no way I'm not getting this. The crunchy Lotus spread and crumbs got me licking my fingers for every last bit. I washed down the whole box in no time hehe.

The treat itself is nothing short of sweet and Instagrammable. I think it ain't too much that these little balls are called 'dessert fit for the gods'. If you are a donut fan, Lukumades is definitely something to try. How I wish it ain't that expensive so I can eat it over and over again until I make my way through the entire menu lol. FYI, do share a box if you do not have sweet tooth as it can gets really rich depending on what flavor you are getting.

-

Tunjungan Plaza 3, 5th Floor
Jl. Jenderal Basuki Rahmat 8-12
Surabaya, Indonesia 60261
+6281315307618
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts