Kafe Bromo, Surabaya

Kafe Bromo at Sheraton Surabaya offers a delectable international buffet spread in a spacious yet lavish dining area with pool view. I got a chance to visit this place for lunch and dinner. It was more packed during lunchtime while the ambiance felt laid-back at night. I felt like dining in a proper 5-star hotel restaurant rather than normal AYCE restaurant where sometimes we would have to wait in line for food.

The appetizers are varied and include cold cuts, salads, sashimi and sushi rolls. Meanwhile, the buffet spread offers local and international savory mains and desserts. The selection is more than adequate and the food is of top quality.

There is also a live station where we can watch the chefs preparing the dishes before our eyes. I love how there was no empty tray every time I wanted to get the dish I wanted, which means all dishes were always refilled promptly.

Assorted sushi rolls

I was so happy to know that they had my favorite pesto sauce to go with the cold cuts hehe

The bakso was not as good as the street food one, but it was comforting nonetheless

Yay to crispy fish skin crackers! Sadly there was no salted egg flavor lol.


Buffet is really the best excuse to sample a wide variety of desserts and to defer your calorie intake control for a day haha. They have assorted petite cake, pudding, sliced fruits and ice cream to ensure that you feel like having a grand dinner when walking out of Kafe Bromo.

The pastries and cakes were mediocre but high quality ones

For the price, I think the spread and quality of food is worth the buck. It was not ultra extensive but still, I thought the standard of the food was higher than other popular buffet restaurants in town. The place was also bright and comfortable, making my dining experience a leisurely one. In general, my visit was pleasant and I definitely would love to come again for another lunch or dinner sesh.

Buffet price:
Breakfast (6am - 10.30am): IDR312,000
Lunch (12pm - 3pm): IDR448,000
Dinner (6pm - 8pm): IDR488,000

-

Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers
Jl. Embong Malang 25-31
Surabaya, Indonesia 60261
+62315468000
Opening hours: 6am - 11pm

Comments

Popular Posts