Grandis Barn, Surakarta

One thing I always do when travelling is paying visit to local culinary spots. On my recent trip to Surakarta (Solo), I brought my family to Grandis Barn. Fyi, this establishment is owned by Rio Harianto, a Surakarta-born international racer that had participated in 2016 Formula 1 series (fans of Rio, I'm calling you!). Grandis Barn is highly visible from the main road, as it is the road that connects city to city. The parking space is huge so no worry of not getting a slot.

Going inside, the place is divided to two sections: cafe and dining area. The cafe is more for takeaway orders with limited seating, while the latter has more seating that can accommodate up to 70 people. I was expecting waiting list, but thank God it did not happen that day.

The backyard looks so pretty and Insta-worthy! It has a mini playground for kids and a few benches to sit while enjoying the view. The whole area is surrounded by teak trees, making Grandis Barn look lush and green.

Avocado Juice - IDR30,000
I think this drink is quite pricey. Thank God the thickness was good and it was sweet enough for my liking. Definitely welcome in the hot weather like this.

Hot Cafe Latte - IDR25,000
Despite not specializing in coffee, the latte I ordered had a balanced aromatic mouthful, quite acidic with a slight sweetness at the end. It is certainly worth-trying if you are a coffee enthusiast.

Cheese Fries - IDR25,000
The cheese actually refers to the cheese sauce served on the side (not pictured). The fries were topped with diced tomatoes that are somewhat akin to bruschetta topping. Unfortunately, some of the fries were soggy.

Pisang Goreng Wijen - IDR27,500
Seeing other table having this dish, mom got intrigued to try. The fried bananas were adequately crispy and I could taste a distinct sesame flavor as they were fully-coated with sesame seeds.

Overall, Grandis Barn is a place with okay-ish food that matches the price points. Still, I would recommend you guys to pay a visit there when you are in Surakarta. I deeply wish this kind of place exists in Surabaya, coz once in a while you just need to escape from the bustling city life and your daily routine right?

-

Blukukan Dua, Colomadu
Karanganyar 57174
0271-7464107
IG: grandisbarn
Opening hours: 10am - 9pm (Mon - Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts