Ikkudo Ichi, Jakarta

During my Jakarta trip, I had a chance to have lunch at one of the best ramen shops in town called Ikkudo Ichi. My uncle personally recommended this place, and since it has no outlet yet in Surabaya, I decided to try it. I went to its Grand Indonesia outlet at lunchtime and boy it was full house! Most of patrons were office workers and families. The staff they put us in the waiting list, and we finally got our seats after 25 minutes of waiting. Turned out some people in the waiting did not show up so we got seats quicker than expected.

Rei Cha - IDR9,800
The ocha was refillable but when I asked for refill they were soooo slow in attending to my request.

Buta Signature - IDR55,000 (regular size)
I like how we can adjust the noodle firmness, flavor strength and soup richness to our preferences. I had ramen with normal noodle firmness, normal flavor strength and light soup richness. The regular-sized ramen was really filling for lunch and worth the price paid. The soup was light and the pork chashu just melted in my mouth. The egg was also wonderful - it was soft but did not easily break when I took it with chopsticks. Simply amazing!

Buta Miso - IDR58,000 (regular size)
The miso taste was quite bold and it may be sickening if you choose normal flavor strength and richness. I prefer the Buta Signature one.

Overall, Ikkudo Ichi serves one of the best ramen in Jakarta. I love their lightly-seasoned ramen, especially the chashu. The downside is, the place is rather cramped and during peak hours you even have to share tables with strangers. The food took quite long to arrive, but it was understandable since the place was packed. Service was average - some of the staffs were friendly and some were not, but they were quick to take our orders. Note that Ikkudo Ichi is non-Halal, though I spotted some ladies with hijab eating there (I also heard that some of their outlets serve Halal-only menu). They do have chicken-based ramen, but I do not guarantee that it is 100% Halal.

-

Grand Indonesia West Mall, LG Floor
Jl. MH Thamrin  Central Jakarta, Indonesia 10230
+6221-23580336
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts