Random Eats: October - December 2019

Item: Brown Sugar Boba Milk - IDR38,000
Location: Xing Fu Tang (Galaxy Mall 2, Surabaya)
My brother claimed that he had waited for 2 hours for this drink, so my expectation was rather high. Tbh I was not very fond of it, as I found their combination of brown sugar and fresh milk weird. But I love that they make their own boba which has the just-right chewiness.

Item: Caesar Pleaser - IDR45,455
Location: Greenly (Galaxy Mall 2, Surabaya)
When it comes to salad, my pick always goes to Greenly since their serving is the biggest among all salads that I have tried. I love how generous they were with the grilled chicken. The could put more amount of dressing in the wrap though.


Item: Caramelized Butter Pork Rice - IDR50,000
Location: Mala Chuan (Galaxy Mall 3, Surabaya)
I was told by the staff to stir the dish thoroughly as the caramelized butter could be very salty. In fact, it was still too salty after I had stirred it, but I loved the savoriness of the caramelized butter. The pork skin was crispy but sadly it was burnt.

Item: Salted Egg Pork Rice - IDR50,000
Location: Mala Chuan (Galaxy Mall 3, Surabaya)
The combination of crispy pork and salted egg sauce was sinful! I like this one wayyyy better than the caramel one.

Item: Aglio O'lio - IDR40,000
Location: Omaha Coffee & Eatery (Jl. Dharmahusada Utara, Surabaya)
This dish was confusing because it did not taste anything like aglio olio. It was more like spaghetti in creamy garlic sauce, and the sauce funnily reminded me of Indonesian soto.

Item: Cheese Black Tea - IDR25,000 (regular size)
Location: Gulu Gulu (Tunjungan Plaza 3, Surabaya)
The cheese foam was lacking in terms of the cheesiness and smoothness that I like. It was a refreshing drink overall though.

Item: Es Keren - IDR17,000
Location: BoBaL (Marvell City, Surabaya)
The boba was not chewy (it even broke easily when I chewed it) and the brown sugar syrup was overwhelming, I felt like eating a cup of sugar syrup!

Item: Es Kopi Cokelat - IDR18,000
Location: Kepengen (Jl. Dharmahusada, Surabaya)
The chocolate flavor was bold here, indicating that they did not use cheapo chocolate. However, the coffee flavor was underwhelming, which was a pity. Understandable though, since they do not specialize in coffee drink.

Item: Nasi Campur Bebek - IDR35,000
Location: Warung Pak Umar (Praxis, Surabaya)
Nothing special here, but the portion was filling. Glad that the fried duck was not greasy.

Item: Es Rum Regal - IDR18,000
Location: SUB Kopi (Intiland Tower, Surabaya)
It is just iced fresh milk with rum (alcohol-free) and crushed Regal biscuits, which was too sweet for my liking.

Item: Mixed Grill Barbecue - IDR95,000
Location: Boncafe (Jl. Raya Kupang Indah, Surabaya)
It consists of grilled beef, chicken and sausage. I chose this coz I was simply indecisive lol. As usual, Boncafe's steak did not dissapoint, but this time I felt that the sauteed veggies were not that fresh.

Comments

Popular Posts