Kudos Cafe, Surabaya

Let me introduce you to the most 'kekinian' (lit. happening) cafe in west Surabaya, Kudos Cafe! Actually Kudos has been established since late 2015 (cmiiw), but being someone who resides more to the east side, I rarely hang out to the west thus I never got a chance to visit this cafe. Today, I managed to convince my friend to travel to the west only to visit Kudos haha.

By far, I think Kudos is a cafe with the nicest architecture in Surabaya. It is located in Pakuwon Square, along the same line with May Star and Favehotel Graha Agung, The cafe itself consists of 3 floors, with the main counter located on second floor.


Hot Tea - IDR32,000
Standard hot tea served in a cute mug.

Kudos Ice Chocolate - IDR42,000
The iced chocolate is made of full cream milk with some chocolate sauce - don't forget to stir the drink thoroughly. I personally dislike this style of serving, in fact my iced chocolate was not sweet enough and felt rather diluted. I would prefer them to serve me ready-to-drink iced chocolate without needing to stir it first.

Lemon Cream Tuna - IDR42,000
Wow they actually make their own plates! This farfalle (bowtie) pasta tasted lemony and cheesy at the same time. The tuna meat was stuffed inside the pasta as filling.


Big Breakfast - IDR42,000
Even before I started eating this dish, I was startled that there was only one small piece of sausage. How pathetic. For presentation sake please give me a half more of sausage or add some other elements! The scrambled eggs were served well done, which I did not really enjoy (perhaps I'm already used to the runny type one). The sauteed mushrooms somehow gave me the Chinese food feel with some sliced leeks sauteed together with the mushrooms. It was a bit on the salty side though. The white toast was just plain boring, so I did not finish it.

Kudos Cafe is one great hang out place in town, promising a cozy atmosphere that makes you and your buddies delighted to spend hours here. The food comes with several hits and misses, but improvement is always necessary. Free and quick wi-fi is available - it was what I really needed since my phone signal could not even reach 3G.

Don't forget to pose with this famous Kudos sign!

-

Pakuwon Square AK-2/3
Jl. Mayjend Yono Soewoyo
Surabaya, Indonesia 60213
+6231-99016791
Opening hours: 8am - 10pm (Mon - Thu) // 8am - 11pm (Fri - Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts