[Closed] Carvers & Co + [Closed] LICK + Fireworks at Kallang Leisure Park, Singapore

My friends and I came for late New Year's Eve dinner when the clock almost stroke 9pm, and we felt relieved to stumble upon Carvers & Co., the only cafe that still accepted orders that time. Believe it or not, but it was my first time trying out a cafe on East Coast Road, whereas this stretch is famous to cafe hoppers for housing a number of well-known cafes (Penny University, The Holqa Cafe, etc.). 

Complimentary plain water with specially-designed plastic cup

Sweet Potato Chips - $9
Yes, it was sweet potato chips, not fries, which was something I did not usually order. For $9, we got a heap of chips, but I think the ratio of the chips to the mayo was sort of imbalanced. The chips were crispy with a tinge of sweetness, they matched perfectly with the salted egg mayo.

Anchovy Aglio Olio - $20
I did not try this since I disliked anchovy haha. My friend said it was overpriced and too salty. The pasta was cooked semi-dry according to aglio olio standard. 

Dinner Burger - $25
Frankly speaking, I have never eaten any burger priced above $15. This burger was not written on the dinner menu and the staff only offered it to me orally, asking me if I would like to try their dinner burger (until this post is written, I have no idea what is this burger called so I just address it as 'dinner burger' as stated on the receipt lol). The beef patty was cooked medium-well, and as I had my first bite, I immediately knew that it was not just any common type of beef - it tasted as if there was wagyu beef infusion in it. The caramelized onion, melted cheddar cheese and streaky bacon brought the whole dish to perfection. The fries on the side was crisply fried and adequately salted. As I did not know the price of the burger, I asked my friend to make her guess. She said it would not cost more than $15. And then I figured out that it cost $25 when the receipt was handed in to us, I almost got a heart attack (I'm a poor student you know haha). I could not blame this burger for putting me on a state of broke that night since it was just too good and I'm willing to blow my money for good food.

Carvers & Co is definitely not a very pocket-friendly cafe for poor students like me, but their food is well-executed and worth the money spent. I'm not sure about their brunch of breakfast menus since what I saw was only dinner menu. By the way, they are famous for their roast platters to share, so now you know what to order right?

-

43 East Coast Road
Singapore 428764
+65-63480448
IG: carversco
Opening hours: 12pm - 5.30pm & 6.30pm - 10pm (Mon & Wed - Fri) // 8.30am - 5pm & 6.30pm - 10pm (Sat - Sun)
Closed on Tue


-

After our late dinner, we spent some time before watching the countdown at The Little Ice Cream Kafe (LICK). The place was nearly empty, so we did not sit there for too long.

Green Tea Oreo Ice Cream - $3.90 (single scoop)
I first knew this place when my friend brought me here since it was near her place. The matcha flavor was not quite there but there were a lot of Oreo chunks inside. The scooping was huge by the way. Overall, their ice cream was somewhere between bad and good in quality. However, I would not want to waste time traveling far to the east for mediocre ice cream.

We are still alive hehe

-

258 Tanjong Katong Road
Singapore 437046
+65-64408526
Opening hours: 1pm - 11pm (Mon - Thu & Sun) // 1pm - 12am (Fri - Sat)


-

Lastly, we headed to Kallang Leisure Park (Stadium) for new year countdown. We had spent the previous 2 years watching fireworks at Marina Bay and this year we wanted something new, something less crowded, so we went to Kallang. There was no fireworks here - we were basically just catching a glimpse of Marina Bay's fireworks. Although it was just a glimpse, it was still very visible since Kallang and Marina Bay are not too far in distance. There were a lot of people too at Kallang, but definitely much lesser than those in Marina Bay. Most people here were locals, perhaps tourists were still unaware about this place so they went to Marina Bay instead haha.

Happy new year 2016 peeps!


Going home was not a hassle and we did not need to queue for MRT so long yay. I was surprised to find myself reaching home at 1.30am, including 30-minute supper stop at McDonald's lol.

Comments

Popular Posts