Watami わたみ和民居食屋, Singapore

We were wandering around The Star Vista, when we spotted Watami with a long queue at the front door. We assumed this restaurant served good Japanese cuisine, so we joined the line to have dinner there.

Ishiyaki Beef Pepper Rice - $9.80
This dish is similar to Pepper Lunch's beef pepper rice. It seems like they put more beef slices compared to Pepper Rice (hence the higher price). The stone pot was super hot that it caused the rice to get charred easily when I stopped stirring. It tasted no better than Pepper Rice though.

Watami Tonkotsu Ramen - $14.80
The pork bone soup was so delicate and fragrant. The tamago still maintained a bit of runny texture. The chashu could have been bigger - it was too small!

Salmon & Avocado Roll - $13.90
This was my friend's order. I only tried one piece and did not want to have some more. The raw salmon was just bleurgh. To me, it tasted like papaya in a bad way. I just dislike raw sushi lol.

Maccha Ice Cream - $3.60
I was not really a fan of Watami's matcha ice cream since it had an icy texture. It still contained some ice crystals which was pretty disturbing.

It was not a very impressive dinner after all, and I don't foresee myself coming back here. The service was rather slow and it was so hard to grab the staffs' attention. They should really work on this issue!

-

1 Vista Exchange Green, #02-16
The Star Vista
Singapore 138617
+65-66943643
IG: watami.sg
Opening hours: 11.30am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts