Salted Caramel Artisan Ice Cream, Singapore

In the humid weather like Singapore, who could resist cold and sweet stuff? I'm a girl who loves ice cream so much that I could eat it almost every day. From street cart to high-end outlet, Singapore has many options to offer. Now I would like to share with you my experience in Salted Caramel, one of Singapore's home-grown ice cream parlors. Salted Caramel is located on Upper Thomson Road, where all the good food can be found. I love to drop by to get some ice cream after a tiring day at school. Salted Caramel's ice cream itself is handcrafted without any artificial sweetener and preservative.

Homemade Waffle with Horlick Tim Tam Ice Cream - $7 (single scoop)
You can choose between chocolate or maple syrup to pour on your waffle. I thought maple syrup would be overly sweet with the ice cream, therefore I chose chocolate syrup. The waffle was served warm and it retained the fluffy texture. However, the batter was a bit tasteless for my liking. The ice cream itself was close to perfection, if only it did not melt so fast. It was an amazing combination between malty Horlick and crunchy Tim Tam bits.

Homemade Waffle with Green Tea Ice Cream - $7 (single scoop)
My friend chose maple syrup as the drizzling sauce, and just like what I had expected, it made the waffle way sweeter. The green tea ice cream was just average, neither too bitter nor too sweet.

Homemade Waffle with Cookies n Cream Ice Cream - $7 (single scoop)
To me, there was something wrong with the taste of the ice cream (or maybe it was just my tongue). The cookies n cream ice cream tasted like coconut to me haha.

Overall, I enjoyed my dessert time at Salted Caramel. The price is student-friendly and the place is good to chill out with friends. Do visit Salted Caramel for dessert if you are in the vicinity! Note that this place often gets crowded at night, so I might suggest you to come in the afternoon for a more relaxing ambiance with less crowd.

-

246F Upper Thomson Road
Thomson Garden Estate
Singapore 574370
+65-67531718
Opening hours: 12pm - 11pm (Mon - Thu & Sun) // 12pm - 2am (Fri - Sat & eve of PH)

Comments

Popular Posts