Pepper Lunch, Singapore

Pepper Lunch is a DIY steak restaurant from Japan, which claims to use premium beef from Australia and New Zealand. At Pepper Lunch, we can experience the fun of cooking our meal ourselves. The half-cooked meal comes in a sizzling hotplate. We still need to fully-cooked it by mixing every element together while flipping the meat regularly so that it will not burn. I visit Pepper Lunch in AMK Hub quite often (at least once every 2 weeks) and it is a nice place for youngsters to eat together. Most of the time, 75% of the diners in Pepper Lunch are students (this is based on my observation haha).

Iced Milo - $2.80
Pricey, that's all I gotta say lol.

Beef Pepper Rice - $7.40
On this plate were beef slices, rice, corn, and pepper. What I like from Pepper Rice is that we can have the food in our own way! I added the grated cheese (additional 90 cents), flipped the meat, and stirred it together with rice. You gotta eat it slowly and carefully since it would be burning hot! I love how the grated cheese melted on the hotplate and made the whole dish more flavorful. The beef was juicy and tender although it was quite small in size. I enjoyed the beef that was slightly charred to perfection.

Curry Beef Pepper Rice with Cheese - $7.20
The curry sauce was fragrant and tasty, nice to pair with the cheese. They gave a generous amount of curry sauce, so much until I had to leave it unfinished. I really like this curry rice, especially because I could sizzle the curry sauce in the hot plate.

I enjoyed eating at Pepper Lunch, thumbs up for the DIY concept. It is obviously in the list of my most-visited restaurants, especially in AMK Hub. I always rely on Pepper Lunch when I am craving for beef but cannot afford steak lol. Moreover, it is also pocket-friendly for students since they offer student meal starting from $6.50 which includes drink too. During lunch hours and at around 5pm, there is usually a queue outside, so you might need to wait for a while to get a seat.

-

53 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, #01-34
AMK Hub
Singapore 569933
+65-67525886
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts