Kopituju, Malang

Being a coffee enthusiast, the first thing I do when travelling is to browse for good coffee shops in town. Instagram showed me a place in Malang called Kopituju. I never expected it to be located in Pasar Besar area, surrounded by shops selling building supplies and whatnot - you can imagine how busy the road is. It ain't a surprise that Kopituju stands out among the rest of the buildings, being the one with a hipster, industrial look in grey. You would not have a hard time finding this place, believe me.



Kopituju's interior is dominated with unfinished walls made of concrete and bricks. The space is small but welcoming. Seats are very limited - although there are more seats available on second floor, they probably can only accommodate up to 20 people.


The second floor


The Instagenic staircase

Piccolo - IDR25,000
The piccolo was velvety and it possessed strong body with the right acidity. An enjoyable perk-me-up in the morning.


Flatwhite - IDR28,000
I had a cup of flat white that was simply satisfying. It was not served too hot and end-notes were a bit toward fruity side.

Choco Chip Banana Bread - IDR18,000
For a quick tummy filler, I opted for this choco chip banana bread. The barista offered me to heat it in the microwave, which I politely declined as I wanted to have it cold. The bread was fragrant with generous choco chips and ripe banana scent. The texture was still quite moist, but if you want softer texture you can ask to have it microwaved. It was thick and dense too; definitely worth the IDR18,000.


Kopituju feels like an oasis in the hustle and bustle of Malang trading area, where you can escape for a cuppa. I had a great early caffeine fix here before my day started. Their joe is by far one of the best I have tried in Malang. I heard that the place is easily filled up, so you may want to come early to secure a seat.

-

Jl. Sutan Syahrir 7
Malang, Indonesia 65117
+628113608082
IG: kopituju
Opening hours: 9am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts