[Outlet Closed] Mujigae 무지개 + [Closed] Aranzi Cafe, Jakarta

Finally, after a few months after graduating, I got to meet my close uni friends in Jakarta. Been missing them sooooo much! We arranged a catch-up session in Mall Kelapa Gading (since I stayed in Kelapa Gading area and so did one of my friends), whereby we had late lunch at Mujigae. Actually it was my request to eat at Mujigae since I had been eyeing on this restaurant for so long (moreover, my cousin who used to live in Jakarta recommended Mujigae to me). We came past lunch hour but 90% of the restaurant was full.

Mujigae is like a heaven for all K-Pop lovers. The place itself looks colorful like its name (Mujigae means rainbow in Korean), and you can find your idol in every corner (oops, I mean the photos haha) and listen to K-Pop songs being played non-stop. Mujigae uses iPad to enhance the whole dining experience - the ordering process is entirely done with iPad, so it is hassle-free. You can also take selfies and request for your favorite K-Pop song to be played (limited to one song only wth) with the iPad.

Spot the three of us!

Left: Banana Milk + Matcha Pudding - IDR22,000
The banana milk tasted like packet banana milk sold in supermarket with matcha pudding added. The pudding was silky smooth and the banana milk was not very sweet.

Right: Matcha Milk Tea + Asuka Bean - IDR22,000
Meanwhile, my matcha milk tea which I ordered based on my friend's recommendation, was damn good. Sweet matcha milk tea combined with chunky red bean created a heavenly combination. Too bad the glass was a bit too small, I definitely needed more!

Paket Chicken 4 - IDR29,000
They offered varied set menus as well, and I got myself this Paket Chicken 4 consisting of chicken wings, rice, japchae and kimchi. The chicken wings were smothered with sweet and sour glaze. They were crispy outside and tender inside, but since I did not want to dirty my fingers, I used chopsticks and did not finish the chicken to the bone. The japchae was served cold but luckily it tasted fine.

Classic Ramyun - IDR35,000
The ramen was served in Korean way, so you eat it directly from the hotpot. It is available in original and spicy flavors. My friend chose the spicy one, and that red broth looked very spicy, but according to her it was not spicy at all.

As a K-Poper, I obviously enjoyed my late lunch here. Even if you are a non K-Poper, you can rest assure that you will enjoy your time here as well since the food is delicious and affordably priced.

-

Mall Kelapa Gading 3, G Floor (Gourmet Walk)
Jl. Kelapa Gading Boulevard, Kelapa Gading
North Jakarta, Indonesia 14240
+6221-45848978
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm


-

After lunch, we went to Mall Kelapa Gading where we spotted Aranzi Cafe at Gading Walk. The cafe looked totally empty as if it had been abandoned, so we were a bit hesitant to go in. When we approached the counter, suddenly a staff popped out from behind the cashier machine. The place became alive all of a sudden haha.


The place is very small and it has some seats on first and second floor (not really second floor, looks like extended area to me haha). But everything here does look cute, from the table, wall painting and decorations - sadly they all look kinda, umm, aged?


Panda's Milky Crunch - IDR35,000
They also sell cute-looking cakes (priced at IDR55,000 and above), but we only ordered their ice dessert to share since we were still full after lunch. The shaved ice was said to be made of milk, but in fact it was tasteless! Dunno why but everything in the glass seemed tasteless to me.





Despite the cute interior and presentation, they still need much improvement on the quality of food considering the not-so-cheap price tags. Maybe what people say is true that most cafes nowadays only sell their appearance and brand without putting emphasize on the taste and quality of food served. In short, Aranzi's dessert did not impress at all - not thinking of giving a second visit. Oh, but if you are willing to spend your bucks for something Instagrammable, feel free to drop by.

-

Mall Kelapa Gading 1 & 2, G Floor (Gading Walk)
Jl. Kelapa Gading Boulevard
North Jakarta, Indonesia 12420
+6221-45878336
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts