Briosse, Surabaya

As much as I enjoy being a teenager, life goes on and now I'm officially a member of club 20s! Happy birthday to me haha *blow candles*. Okay, so this year I celebrated my birthday by inviting my 2 closest girls to a birthday dinner. For the venue, I chose Briosse. It is situated on Jl. HR Muhammad, not far from the left-turn to Bukit Darmo Golf. The bistro occupies a space on the 3rd floor of KANA Furniture showroom. The interior looks elegant with the use of glass board, brick walls and white color. As for the menu, it is not very extensive. Moreover, quite a number of items were marked 'sold out' (or unavailable?) that time.

Shirley Temple - IDR28,000
This mocktail was refreshing with a touch of sourness.

Taro Frappe - IDR30,000
It tasted like hmm, taro haha. It was not too creamy and sweet.

Chocolate Frappe - IDR30,000
I did not understand why the chocolate frappe was served in a different glass unlike the taro one. This drink somehow tasted strange, it certainly needed to be more chocolatey.


Cheesy Bomb - IDR38,000
Beware, this is super cheesy. As I tore the crackling skin, the cheddar cheese oozed out. All cheese, no meat at all.

Spaghetti Carnivore - IDR59,000
Triple the meat! There were meatball, sausage and salami in this spaghetti. The meat was generous and the Bolognaise sauce was not too tangy. Recommended.

Tricolor Fettuccine Carbonara - IDR70,000
The fettuccine was black, green and yellow in color, so cute ya haha. It tasted like normal pasta though, and the carbonara sauce also tasted okay only.

Teriyaki Fish Bowl - IDR55,000
I did not try this, but my friend said it was well-executed and it came in big portion.

Briosse Molten Cake - ID37,000
I received this as my birthday cake, what a sweet surprise! Seriously, this is one of the best molten lava cakes I have ever tried. The cake was tiny in size but it was really moist and the warm chocolate fondant flowed out beautifully.

Generally, we were satisfied with the food here. It is all worth the price given the just-right serving size and quality of food. Perhaps they could improve more on the service. The service was neither amicable nor poor, but I was kinda irritated with how the staffs responded when I called them. I waved my hand to them since I wanted to order more food, thus I asked for the menu book. But I felt like they pretended not to see me. They were freakin' looking to my side, I swear I'm not lying here. And they just stood there, not doing any service to other customers. One staff even played with the tray and casually walked back to the pantry as soon as he saw me waving *facepalm*. Another staff finally saw me but he asked his colleague to service me instead. Okay, I decided to let go of this annoying small thing coz I did not want to ruin my birthday dinner and my mood.


Finally, I would like to thank everyone who had sent me birthday messages. It means a lot to me (why can't you be sweet to me all year round hahaha)! Welcome 20! I'm now old enough to look back yet young enough to look forward. A year older, (hopefully) a year wiser.

-

KANA Furniture, 3rd Floor
Jl. HR Muhammad 27-29
Surabaya, Indonesia 60189
+6231-7310860
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts