[Closed] König Coffee & Bar, Surabaya

Every Sunday, my cousin and I finish our church service at 9am and it has always been a weekly problem for us to find a breakfast place since most eateries and malls open at 10am. After exploring Instagram, we found König, a cafe in Klampis area that opened from 8am. It is located next to Communal and right opposite Platter.




I have been to its neighbor cafe before (read: Communal), and if I have to compare between both, König has more 'masculine' atmosphere with the dominance of wood and brick material in dark colors, whereby Communal looks more cheerful and teen-friendly.




Latte - IDR30,000
König's latte turned out nice to me, unfortunately there was not any small cookie to go with the coffee. It was smooth and well-balanced with a mild sweetness from the milk. A great morning cuppa!


Cold Latte - IDR35,000
This is the iced version of the latte. The sugar syrup tasted rather weird to me.

I played around using the teaspoon to remake the latte art haha (not bad right?)


Chicken Strips - IDR30,000
We actually had eaten pecel semanggi prior to coming here haha, so we just ordered their finger food to share. This dish took quite some time to prepare (despite us being the only patrons who ordered food that time). The chicken tasted bland, it needed more marination for sure. I had to dip it in the spicy mayo to make it more flavorful. Plus point, I like the crunchiness of the batter and the shredded cabbage that was randomly put beneath the chicken (I'm weird I know).

Overall, I was not really impressed by the food, but the coffee was pretty good here. Oh ya, I saw salted egg chicken in the menu, so I definitely owe this place a second visit!

-

Jl. Kertajaya Indah Tengah G-411A
Surabaya, Indonesia 60116
+6231-5926857
Opening hours: 7am - 12am

Comments

Popular Posts