OURA, Malang

On my recent trip to Malang, I finally managed to visit OURA, a place that had been the talk among my IG friends. 'Spot sejuta umat', as people would say. Located on Jl. Pahlawan Trip, which is just a stone-throw away from Idjen Boulevard — and is also a home to many F&B establishments like Javanine, ET Tea Bar and The Harvest — OURA is definitely in good company.




The interior looks plush with accents of silver and gold, which definitely sets it apart from most cafes. There is even a small lawn on the second floor, suitable for outdoor event.  

Hot Cafe Latte - IDR32,000
The coffee here is supplied by OURA's sister company, Labore, which is no stranger to every coffee lover in Malang. My latte was vibrant, strong and delicate at the same time, while leaving a slight bitterness afterward.


Fish & Chips - IDR80,000
I initially looked down on this dish thinking that the serving would be small, but boy it turned out huge! Not to forget it was beautifully presented too. The beer-battered fish was not greasy despite being deep-fried, the fish was soft while retaining the crispy exterior. The seasoning was quite light but not bland either. Didn't touch the mushy peas coz I disliked it. Overall, this dish really made me full, so full that I could not finish the fries even though I actually loved it :')

Overall, the quality food, convenient location, and classy ambiance makes OURA very much suitable for dinner dates, business lunches, celebratory occasions, or if you simply want some fancy meals. Having said that though, I was pretty upset when I found out that their menu was curated on a rotational basis. I wanted to order a certain food that was posted in their IG a week ago, only to know that their menu had been completely changed from the previous week. Well, I hope this could be made known to public, so as to avoid misunderstanding and disappointment. Other than that, keep up the good work and all the best for OURA!

-

Jl. Pahlawan Trip 11
Malang, Indonesia 65112
+62341-556000
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts