Locaāhands Food & Coffee, Surabaya

During the long weekend, my cousin and I visited Locaāhands, a cafe that serves coffees and brunch menus. It had been a while since I had my last proper brunch so I was looking forward to dining there.

The cafe is surrounded by large side windows that allow for plenty of natural light, so the place looks bright and airy. It combines plants and wooden furniture to create a warm and comforting atmosphere, ideal for a slow weekend brunch.

Amo - IDR28,000
Other than being good looking, this drink was uniquely delicious. It was caffeinated, milky and chocolatey with a lovely velvety texture.

Iced Latte - IDR32,000
Sadly, I did not quite enjoy their iced latte. The caffeine kick was lacking and the overall drink was diluted.

Simple Breakfast - IDR40,000
It was one of the most sophisticated breakfast plate I'd had, though the name said 'simple'. It consists of bacon, sourdough, eggs your way (I had mine scrambled), and two kinds of butter. The herb butter was luscious, in fact I even ate it on its own. The bacon was slightly oily but it was perfectly fine with me coz it tasted so good hehe. I enjoyed having the scrambled eggs with the butter, resulting in a fragrant aroma. I found this dish very satisfying and it was something you really could not go wrong with.


Shakshuka - IDR40,000
The dish was served with focaccia and kale on top. I only tried a spoonful and it turned out delicious with good level of sourness from the tomato. Furthermore, the dish was enhanced with a play of flavors that was pleasant to the taste buds.

Proper Beef Bowl - IDR52,000
The bowl was generously loaded with beef slices that were infused with truffle oil. The meat was juicy and tender, while the garlic chips added crunchiness to the whole dish. One thing I noticed though, there was a crack on the bowl as shown on the above pic, which contradicted the name 'Proper Beef Bowl' since the food was improperly served (lmao sorry I just love doing wordplay).

Truffle Brisket Mac & Cheese - IDR55,000
My cousin asked for the meat to be served on the side since she did not really eat meat. The truffle aroma permeated and the brisket had a delicate smokiness which I fancied. Unfortunately the mac and cheese got too creamy to the point that it became 'jelat' after a while.

As a whole, Locaāhands is a space that offers great Western-style dishes at reasonable prices. True, a good ambiance itself is a bonus but it is the food that will eventually justify everything. Perhaps they could add more ceiling/wall fans so it would not be too humid in the afternoon.

-

Jl. Opak 39
Surabaya, Indonesia
+6283825207576
Opening hours: 7am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts