Monti Dining, Semarang

Hey ho! Recently my family and I got a chance to travel to Semarang city. We went there by car and the travel time was only 3.5 hours via expressway! I was amazed, especially when I compared to the olden days where the expressway was not built yet, we had to spend at least 7 hours on normal road. Anyway, it was definitely in my agenda to visit Semarang cafes, and my pre-arrival research brought me to a place named Monti Dining. From their IG page, Monti Dining boasts a minimalist exterior with monochrome colors. My aesthetic soul screamed, 'just take my money already!'.

Love love love the front part of Monti Dining! It was decorated with cactus plants, adding some LA vibes to the place.

Since I went there with my grandma who was not so into cafes, I just came here for the sake of not being FOMO and to have some light bites before getting a proper lunch in town. I wanted to have the gelato, but it was a pity that the Arte Gelato was still not ready that time. Maybe I should come a bit later in the afternoon.


The view was good but not like super wow. The outdoor area was damn hot in the afternoon so I just took some pics and went back indoor.

Sencha Tea - IDR18,000
Normal Dilmah tea with extra packet sugar.


Strawberry Juice - IDR25,000
It was refreshing and a good thirst quencher. You can opt for the milk or no milk version of the juice.


Dirty Mocha - IDR35,000
Okay, the presentation really looked dirty like the name lol. The chocolate flavor was rather weak though, I felt like drinking warm coffee with almost no hint of chocolate.

Shoe String Fries with Truffle Oil - IDR25,000
The fries was a disappointment coz there was not a single hint of truffle.


Chicken Popcorn with Spicy Aioli Sauce - IDR27,000
The batter was light yet crunchy while the meat was so tender that even my grandma could easily munch on it.

Overall, my visit to Monti Dining was a good experience. Although I got slightly upset due to the unavailability of most food and drink menus, the ambiance and service made up for it. It is certainly a right place to go to for a date or if you simply want a nice place to escape from the crowds of the city centre. The prices were friendlier than expected - for the price paid you get to dine at a posh place already.

-

Jl. Tampomas 1/2
Semarang, Indonesia 50237
+6282246916168
Opening hours: 9am - 9pm

Comments

Popular Posts