Product Review: eZn Light Up Hair Bleach

Hi guys! I dunno if you feel the same, but #stayathome moment is truly the right time to try and buy new things online. Recently I had my first self-hair bleaching experience with a Korean hair bleach product. I'm writing an honest review here without any intention to make you buy or like the product. Everything I share here is my personal opinion you may take into account before deciding to buy or not.

I did some research and turned out many netizens were recommending a product named eZn Light Up Hair Bleach. Frankly speaking, I had never wanted to do a DIY bleaching since I knew bleaching was a seriously risky thing to do and normally I would prefer to have it done by a professional. But finally I braved myself coz I thought if things went wrong, I could just 'patch' the result with temporary hair coloring.


The hair bleaching costs IDR85,000 in Shopee. It is shipped directly from South Korea with a fee of IDR35,000 (I got a free shipping fee voucher from Shopee so I only had to pay IDR15,000). If I go to salon, I will have to pay at least IDR150,000 for bleaching only.

Going back to the kit, doesn't it look so cute? It comes with a 2 sachets of bleaching powder, a bottle of developer and gloves. The hair bleach is said to be formulated with keratin, collagen and 3 natural oils (camellia, olive and avocado) for a smooth result.

How to use:
1. Always do a strand test first before use. Prepare a mixing bowl, comb and gloves.
2. Mix bleaching powder and developer, then evenly apply the mixture to the hair you wish to bleach. Prevent skin contact with the mixture during application.
3. Wait for 20 minutes (or until you are satisfied with the result) to develop the bleaching. Do not over-bleach!
4. Wash hair with shampoo thoroughly with lukewarm water.

My hair prior to bleaching

My hair after the bleaching

I would definitely choose this DIY kit over going to salon to have my hair bleached. However, I have to tell you that the chemical smell of this product is damn strong to the point that I almost could not breathe when I accidentally put the mixture close to my nose. I have never used any other DIY bleaching product than this so I could not make a comparison, but overall I felt satisfied with the result.

Comments

Popular Posts