Michuu Coffee House 미츄 커피 하우스, Surabaya

There is no doubt that West Surabaya is blessed with so many trendy cafes. Being non-westies myself, the opportunity to travel to the west always excites me. This time I checked out a small yet cute Korean coffee house named Michuu.


Michuu is located right in front of Ciputra School, so I can foresee this place mostly patronized by students and young mummies picking up their kids haha. The cafe may look ordinary from outside (you can also possibly miss it due to its location in shophouses), but once you step inside, you will be greeted with pastel pink shade that will quickly capture the girly side of yours. The interior is not that spacious but brightly-lit.

Curious of what they sell? They mostly sell simple Korean food like ramyeon and gimbap. If you stalk their IG, recently they have also started selling Korean milk (banana, strawberry, etc.) in a 500ml jerry can packaging.



Iced Blue Honey Lemon - IDR24,000
The menu is dominated with aesthetically pleasing drinks that are made for the 'Gram. This drink was some sort of citrusy, but I did not really fancy the taste as it leaned toward the bland side.



Blue Pink Latte - IDR32,000
I was looking forward to enjoying this pretty-looking drink, but unfortunately, the taste fell short of expectation. I got confused with how the drink supposedly tasted like. Milky soda or coffee? Only the maker and God know haha.



Korean Bulgogi Beef Dosirak - IDR38,000
Dosirak is like the Korean version of ‘bento’, which is food packed in a lunchbox. It normally consists of rice and side dishes like meat and kimchi. Like bibimbap, the box is meant to be shaken to mix every element inside. I like how Michuu served the dosirak with the old-school Korean metal lunchbox, but I think the content was too packed so it could not be shaken.  For the price paid, you get a large serving of rice, kimchi, fried egg, and marinated sliced beef, Yoshinoya-style (if you get what I mean). The beef was flavorful and not very fatty. The bulgogi marination tasted like teriyaki to me.

I would advise you arrive early to avoid the crowds and have your pics taken without feeling awkward. Order and payment are to be done at the counter, you just need to wait for the food to be served to your table. Waiting time took about 15 minutes only. I honestly am not a fan of cafes that scream pink, but Michuu hits the spot for me. Overall, it is a worth checking place if you happen to be in West Surabaya.

-

Jl. Puri Widya Kencana K-6/11, Citraland
Surabaya, Indonesia 60213
+628113321388
Opening hours: 10am - 7pm

Comments

Popular Posts