Pupuk Bawang Cafe & Dining, Batu

Hello readers! How was your Hari Raya holiday? So I just spent my holiday in Batu, and I had a chance to visit one of the Instagrammable cafes in town called Pupuk Bawang.



Pupuk Bawang is a cafe with a view of mountain and field (not ricefield, but it is more like vegetable plantation lol). They have a long table with lounge chairs for patrons to enjoy the view and there is a lawn with colorful bean bags. It was scorching when I got there and the bean bags were not set up.

Honeydew Juice - IDR22,500
It tasted okay to me. Fyi, I don't like honeydew haha.

Strawberry Juice - IDR22,500
It was sooo sour, would be better if condensed milk was added to sweeten it.

Hot Latte - IDR24,900
Upon the arriving of the latte to my table, I tried to figure out if it was latte or cappuccino - just look at the thickness of the foam lol. The coffee bean gave a strong bitter aftertaste, and I was guessing they used kopi tubruk.

Onion Ring - IDR14,900
The batter was not consistent - some pieces had thick coat and some others had thin one. It was not very crunchy but we all enjoyed it nonetheless.

Chili Beef Nachos - IDR29,900
The tortilla chips were rather soggy but it was still nice to eat with the chili con carne. The sauce had spicy hint in it, perhaps coming from jalapenos. But the sauce was really good!


If there was any room for improvement, it would be the clarity of information in Instagram. It was stated that they opened as per usual on Hari Raya (their opening hour is 10am), so I came there at 10am to avoid crowd, only to find out they were closed! The security staff told me that they would open at 12pm that day. I mean, what is the point of a business having social media account if they do not even bother to update any information. To me, 2 hours of waiting was not a big deal and I could go around the town first while waiting for the place to open. Overall, I still don't mind a second visit, perhaps to chill in the lawn during golden hours. Their light food is good to share and it is affordably priced. The service was friendly and attentive too.

-

Jl. Panglima Sudirman 119
Batu, Indonesia 55313
+6241-5103488
Opening hours: 10am - 12am

Comments

Popular Posts