[Outlet Closed] TooTooMoo Patisserie, Surabaya

Hello readers! Recently, my churchmates and I had a catch-up session at TooTooMoo Patisserie on Jl. Untung Suropati. TooTooMoo will be the first cafe you see on your left (if you come from Jl. Dr. Soetomo), and it is only a few blocks away from Black Barn and ORE Store. Going inside TooTooMoo, I was surprised to see the homeyness of this cafe. The setting does not look like a cafe at all. In fact, the original layout of a house remains unchanged (you know, a house with 'bathroom', 'living room', 'bedroom' and so on).

Above-left: Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie - IDR36,000
Sorry for being skeptical, but I chose to have smoothie instead of coffee here. The peanut butter and banana was well-balanced and the drink was not too thick nor diluted. The only thing I found annoying was that the crumbles got stuck easily in my straw.

Above-right: Hazelnut Frappe - IDR35,000
I did not try it, but it looks so sinful indeed haha.

Mac & Cheese - IDR40,000
I could not finish it due too the excessive use of cheese here (funny how I said it is too cheesy while in fact it is called mac & cheese lol). I love that they threw in a few toasted garlic croutons inside the mac & cheese, making this dish more enjoyable to eat.

El Carnita Muy Loco - IDR65,000
One of my friends recommended this Tex-Mex dish which contained braised pork belly, salsa, veggie, lime sour cream, guacamole, chilli wrapped in the form of burrito. I was fascinated at how big and heavy the plate was! Haha. The wrap tasted quite yummy and there was a hint of spiciness that probably came from jalapeno.

Dark Chocolate Mousse - IDR33,000
Don't you agree with me that the 'thing' on top looks annoying? Haha. Each bite of the cake was filled with the goodness of quality chocolate. You might take some time to finish this cake as it could get very chocolatey.

L'Opera - IDR36,000
The cake had a dense and rich chocolate flavor combined with a hint of coffee in between layers of almond sponge cake. Did you notice what is on top of the fudge glaze? It is 24K gold baby!

Overall, TooTooMoo is a good choice if you fancy a gathering in quaint and homey atmosphere. You gotta try their cakes because it is their forte, really. All staffs were polite and catered to our needs. I will revisit this place for sure.

-

Jl. Untung Suropati 63
Surabaya, Indonesia 60264
+6231-5688064
Opening hours: 9am - 10pm (Tue - Sun)
Closed on Mon

Comments

Popular Posts