[Closed] Blacflac, Surabaya

Container cafe is now a common sight in Indonesia, where cafes and takeaway stalls are set up in cargo-converted containers. If Seoul has Common Ground, Surabaya has Loop. Loop is one of my favorite places in Surabaya to take #ootd with container cafes. Fancy white, black, yellow, or blue background for your shot? You can find everything here.


Trying to blend with the backgrounds hehe

Anyway, I'm not gonna talk further about Loop, but instead I will review a container cafe called Blacflac. In my opinion, Blacflac has the most interesting layout and background for ootd among the others so I decided to drop by for some morning caffeine kick. Coffee is never an excuse, no?

Blacflac also has outdoor and upstairs seating. The problem: it was scorching hot when I came, so nothing could get any better than the comfort of aircon. If I came in the evening, I would not mind sitting outside.

Just head to the counter to place your order and the barista will later serve it to you

Iced Latte - IDR26,000
I found it weird to drink hot coffee inside a container (well actually it is just because of the hot weather), so my brother and I both ordered the iced version. The latte was light and refreshing, but it became plain after a while. It was not too acidic, great even for non coffee drinkers.

Iced Mocca - IDR28,000
The iced mocha featured strong chocolate taste that could be a little less overpowering. Ain't the best iced mocha I had, but nevertheless, I finished it until the last sip.

Overall, Blacflac had some hits and misses with their coffee, but they surely deserve another visit. Despite the small set up, Blacflac did a good job sprucing up the space to be Instagram-worthy. I don't mind making a trip far to the west for decent cuppa and hipster background hehe.

-

Loop, Container 8
Jl. Mayjend Yono Soewoyo 100P
Surabaya, Indonesia 60213
IG: blacflac
Opening hours: 3pm - 11pm (Mon - Fri) // 7am - 1pm; 3pm - 11pm (Sat - Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts