[Closed] Butter & Bean, Surabaya

It was a public holiday and I took this opportunity to hang out with my cousin before we both went back to work the next day. We chose Butter & Bean at Marvell City. Apparently she had been there before - she told me the food there was not bad and the place looked Instagenic. Off we go!



Butter & Bean is a heaven for pastel color lovers. It is dominated by soft turquoise color - such a pleasure to the eye. The place looks bright in the afternoon thanks to the existence of big glass windows.

Camomile Tea - IDR20,000
I did not try this but the glass jar looked cute hehe. By the way, there is one-time free refill for every purchase of tea.


Hot Cafe Latte - IDR25,000
The coffee came with a packet of sugar and a small cup of brown sugar. Even though I had tried a lot of lattes in many different cafes (including my workplace), I still could not tell if a latte is good or not so good. As long as they do not serve instant coffee, I'm happy enough haha.

Ice Red Velvet Latte - IDR33,000
It tasted more like iced chocolate to me. Good that it was not overly sweet.

Mac & Cheese - IDR32,000
The mac & cheese here was served on a plate. I was kinda surprised that they replaced the macaroni with penne, and I was thinking shouldn't they use the normal elbow macaroni that is commonly used in mac & cheese? Wait, anyway in Indonesia penne is commonly referred as macaroni so I cannot complain haha. The mac & cheese tasted really good and cheesy with generous amount of smoked beef inside.


Baked Creme Chicken - IDR35,000
This baked rice dish did not disappoint. It was full of cheese and butter goodness, plus there were a lot of chicken chunks inside. The rice was soft to my liking, the sauce was creamy and not overly cheesy. A must order!

Salted Squid Rice - IDR35,000
Waaa this was the most disappointing salted egg dish I had ever eaten! I could not really taste the salty flavor, somemore they only gave 3 pieces of fried squid. Yes, freakin' 3 pieces! This photo is indeed deceiving - they had done a good job in camouflaging the squid with lumps of salted egg and they put in huge slices of lettuce and chopped chilies. Do not order this one, better stick to their pastas or baked rice.

Overall, the food was pretty well-executed and the service was friendly. Regarding the price, I guess it is still on the safe range at averagely IDR80,000 per person. Power points are available here, but sadly the wi-fi did not work when I came, so I had to burn my data to write a blog draft haha.

-

Marvell City Mall, 1st Floor
Jl. Raya Ngagel 123
Surabaya, Indonesia 60246
+62811304114
IG: butternbeans
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts