[Closed] Dean & Deluca, Singapore

Dean & Deluca is a high-end grocery shop and cafe originated from New York. Plenty of unique gourmet supplies are sold there, such as colored sugar and various TWG tea with exotic flavors. This place must be a heaven for cooking enthusiasts!

Iced Mocha Latte - $6 (small size)
Sorry to say, but I gotta give thumbs down for their drinks. My friend’s mocha (which I actually picked for him so that I could try too haha) was way too bitter and diluted. For me, a good mocha drink should have a balanced taste between caffeine and chocolate.

Iced Green Tea Latte - $6 (small size)
My green tea latte was another failure! I felt like drinking cold full cream milk as I could barely taste the matcha. Bring back my $6 and lemme exchange it with Starbucks' green tea latte!

Rainbow Cake - $8.50
I saw almost every table having this rainbow cake, so I thought it must be their best-seller. Indeed, upon the first spoonful, I could immediately say that it was one of the best rainbow cakes I had ever tried. For me, the size was too big for one person. Surprisingly, each layer had different flavor. I could taste pandan within the green layer, blueberry within the blue layer, lemon within the yellow layer, and for the rest I was not too sure lol. The buttercream was also so good and worth every calorie intake. I completely ignored my friend’s suggestion to skip the buttercream. He said it was not good for health haha.

I was really impressed by their rainbow cake, but at the same time I was also disappointed with their beverages. I will come back only for the rainbow cake or other food. By the way, it is free-seating here, and unfortunately some people were being inconsiderate by spending hours chit-chatting and even reading books there on a crowded Sunday afternoon. Oh ya, do take note that it is self-service here. Get a seat right when you come, proceed to the counter to order and pay, and pick up your order (this applies to drink and that food that does not require preparation - otherwise the staff will deliver to your table).

"The 49th shot before that perfect picture" - BF

-

47 Pekin Street, #01-01
Far East Square
Singapore 048777
+65-65362460
Opening hours: 7am - 6pm (Mon - Fri) // 7am - 12pm (Sat - Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts