Swensen's, Singapore

My friend and I came to Swensen's at AMK Hub for lunch, and we were greeted with a long queue. Swensen's is a legendary ice cream brand in Singapore, but they are also a restaurant serving gourmet food for lunch and dinner. By the way, we used to have Swensen's in Surabaya back then, but too bad all the shops have been closed down already.

Hot Chocolate - $4.80
I personally dislike their hot chocolate. There was too much foam (you can see from the picture above) and it was way, way too sweet. I could not finish a small glass as I could not bear the overly sweet taste.

Baked Spaghetti Bolognaise - $12.90
Although there were only three pieces of meatball, I was super in love with them! They were so juicy and well-seasoned. The baked spaghetti was nice as well, they put generous amount of cheese and minced beef in the Bolognaise sauce.

Crispy Cornflake Chicken - $17
Chicken plus cornflakes? I have never had such unique dish before! The chicken was huge in size, which was very satisfying. The meat was juicy and moist, layered with cornflakes which resulted in crunchy but not greasy texture. The fries was just normal and could be saltier.

Swensen's Banana Split - $8.90
As a restaurant specializing in ice cream, I expected much from them, and I could say their ice cream was superb! It tasted creamy and smooth, not like those cheapo brands. Beside banana (duh), we can enjoy other fruits like pineapple, cherry and strawberry.

Overall, Swensen's serves decent Western food with big portion and of course, top quality ice cream. I'm now so tempted to visit their ION Orchard branch since they have ice cream buffet there!

-

53 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, #B1-25/26
AMK Hub
Singapore 569933
+65-64814316
IG: swensenssingapore
Opening hours: 10.30am - 10.30pm

Comments

Popular Posts