Sositi Coffee & Bar, Tangerang

If you scroll through this blog and read my posts, you would probably notice that I'm a sucker for breakfast or brunch cafes. I also love some sorts of hidden gem, i.e. cafes that are not (yet) widely known by the public. So here I am writing about Sositi, a cafe in BSD that I visited on the last day of my Jakarta-Tangerang trip.

Sositi Cafe & Bar is located inside Foresta Business Loft building, and I was surprised that they did not charge parking fee for its basement parking. I thought it would be packed with bikers since I came on a Sunday morning, but it turned out the other way round so that was a relief hehe.


Hot Latte - IDR33,000
The barista offered me two choices of coffee blend: Sositi blend (balanced flavor with hints of yellow floral, bold spices and cocoa) and Kili-Kili Blend (hints of fruity berries, red floral and milk chocolate). I opted for the former. Right, it was indeed balanced and properly extracted but somehow lacked the tasting notes mentioned before. I was a little disappointed that they served the coffee in a takeaway cup instead of normal one, which meant lesser photo op lol.


Croissant
I gotta admit that the best type of croissant is the original, plain one. The buttery taste was rich and texture wise, it was crispy and flaky. I also prefer to eat croissant in the morning to get the most out of its freshly-baked goodness.


Pasta Chicken Crisp - IDR45,000
The idea of having fried chicken with pasta did not excite me, but thank goodness the chicken was nicely done. The meat was fairly juicy and the exterior was fried to crispy golden brown. I would say it exceeded my expectation. As for the poached egg, the fact that the yolk did not ooze out was kinda disappointing.

Herbed Egg Benedict - IDR60,000
The dish looks like a garden adorned with flowers. Instead of the typical English muffin or brioche, the egg stood atop a bed of hashbrown and greens. The eggs, however, suffered the same condition with the previous dish: no flowing yolk. The Hollandaise sauce was delicious though, which added more balance to the dish.


As a whole, it was a pleasurable visit to Sositi. There are plenty of brunch cafes in Tangerang but I am confident to say that Sositi is one of those that is built to stay. The food and drink are good and definitely value for money. It is a nice place to have breakfast or brunch at — especially if you like places that are relatively quiet — and a good stopover to just chill before moving onto your next activity of the day.

-

Foresta Business Loft Signature Unit 6
Jl. BSD Raya Utama, BSD City
Tangerang, Indonesia 15331
+6282125418892
Opening hours: 7am - 8pm (Mon - Thu & Sun) // 7am - 9pm (Fri - Sat)

Comments

Popular Posts