Daya Coffee Club, Surabaya

Looking for Korean-inspired cafe in Surabaya? Then you might want to add Daya Coffee Club to your list. The cafe itself is located inside Millieu Space, where I had been seeing tons of IG posts featuring its staircase and eccentric decorations. Stepping into the premise, it reminded me of Gentle Monster flagship store, and cafes around Sinsa-dong in Seoul which are known for good coffee, freshly-baked pastries and a space full of natural light.






My timeline nowadays has literally been filled with people taking pics with the art installation!

Daya Latte - IDR25,000
The drink fell slightly short of expectation. While it was not bad, it could be sweeter and more aromatic. There was also no sugar syrup served alongside my coffee. I typically did not add sugar to my coffee, but the fact that it was too bitter made me call for a cheat day.

Biscoff Donut - IDR15,000
Yay to another Biscoff-based thingy! The donut was dense and would be better if it was fluffier. I like that it did not get cloyingly sweet and it was a lot less greasy than the usual donut with Biscoff spread on the outer part.

As Daya Coffee Club is a relatively new cafe, I am not sure if the place is crowded because customers love the coffee or they are still intrigued by the novelty. Also, they are possibly still developing their menu, thus resulting in limited choice of menu. I guess you can say that you are paying for the ambiance because they pull off the concept, the place is really pretty and you can spend all day here taking pics.

-

Millieu Space
Jl. Imam Bonjol 27
Surabaya, Indonesia 60624
+6281234426340
Opening hours: 9am - 6pm

Comments

Popular Posts