PLUSEIGHTTWO +82, Singapore

Ever since I heard of its opening, I had promised myself to visit PLUSEIGHTTWO +82 the next time I visit Singapore. and put it on top of my bucket list. What makes me really eager to try out this place? It is because +82 is co-founded by BTOB's leader Seo Eun Kwang. Even though I did not stan BTOB (I love their ballads btw), I still got excited as it would be my very first time visiting a K-Pop idol-owned cafe. Anyway, +82 is a cafe in Dhoby Ghaut area, precisely at Rendezvous Hotel. Just cross the road from SOTA and you will see the place standing at the corner of the junction. The name +82 itself is derived from the country code for South Korea. It primarily serves Korean bingsu, but it also offers coffee, toasts, and even apparels.

Seo Eun Kwang of BTOB (pic credit: BTOB Singapore Facebook)


Despite being 'owned' by BTOB, fans of other fandoms may also organize their own events here. When I went there, +82 was flocked by EXO-L's (EXO's fandom) celebrating Sehun's birthday. I actually expected the place to get crowded because duh, it is owned by a K-Pop idol and BTOB is not a 'nugu group' (a group that is hardly known both in Korea and internationally).


Matcha Bingsu - $17.90
+82's bingsu is rather unique and different from other Korean bingsu in Singapore. It is presented in a pile of ice threads instead of the usual powdery snow ice. The ice simply melted in my mouth. Presentation wise, tbh it looks dull with only 10 slices of strawberry as decoration (yes I counted it lol). The bingsu hit the right level of sweetness but did not really deliver a solid matcha punch.

Being a K-Poper myself, I enjoyed the ambiance at +82. The place is ideal for friends who love Korean food and K-Pop fans who wanna organize events for their idols. The bingsu is overpriced but the serving is huge so you can share it with 2 other people. Free wi-fi and power points are available too, no wonder girls like to stay here all day long. For Indonesian Melody (BTOB fans), you better be ready coz +82 will open a branch in Jakarta this month!

-

9 Bras Basah Road, #01-02
Rendezvous Hotel
Singapore 189559
Opening hours: 9am - 11pm

Comments

Popular Posts