Nordic Coffee, Surabaya

Nordic Coffee is a new addition to the cafe scene in Central Surabaya. The location could be pretty tricky to find, but all you need to do is locating Brooklyn Barbershop along the shop-houses across Toeng Mart. Use the small door beside the barbershop and go up to Nordic Coffee at the second floor. Although the place looks small, there are ample seats in the smoking and non-smoking areas.


You will see this neon quotes before going up to the cafe. I like how it is aptly placed next to the staircase haha.

Still on Christmas mood




Mojito ala Nordic - IDR27,300
Ain't a fan of mojito but this drink was okay, I suppose.

Hot White 6oz - IDR30,000
If you prefer coffee that is smooth with a tinge of bitterness, this is the right one for you. It left a nice aftertaste which I like.

Truffle Fries - IDR25,000
Funny how my truffle fries came the last after main course. Anyway, I found the fries generous and the potato cuts were not overly crispy nor soft. The truffle flavor was quite there. I like the potato cuts which were not overly soft or crispy.


Thai Salad ala Nordic - IDR35,000
They threw in a bunch of greens, tomato, onion rings and grilled chicken, then served it with Thai-style dressing on the side. To me, it kinda tasted like sambal Bangkok with dominant sweet note. The cook was so kind that he offered me another serving of dressing haha.

Orchard Road Chicken Rice Bowl - IDR35,000
The name actually refers to Singapore-style salted egg chicken rice lol. The salted egg sauce was new to me because I could taste a hint of ginger in it. The overall dish was spicy so I did not eat much.

In my opinion, coffee and food at Nordic are decent for its price. If you are looking for a quiet spot to catch up with friends, you might want to consider this place. On top of that, the staffs were friendly and able to strike up a conversation, which made the visit pleasant.

-

Jl. Raya Tidar 67-A
Surabaya, Indonesia 60251
+628129904299
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Comments

Popular Posts