[Closed] Hello Kitty Orchid Garden, Singapore

Finally, I got a chance to visit Hello Kitty Orchid Garden at Changi Airport. I was really excited to try this place as I had never been to any Hello Kitty Cafe before, not even the one in Jakarta. Hello Kitty Orchid Garden opens 24 hours a day and it is located in public area so non-travelers also get access to this place.

Actually my visit to this cafe was very long overdue, considering it had been around since mid-2016. Thus, the long queue was nowhere in sight since the craze had faded. Could not be more thankful for it, coz you know, Singaporeans go crazy when it comes to Hello Kitty (remember how people would queue all night long in front of McDonald's for Hello Kitty toys?).



You can take pictures with is this giant figurine near the entrance. The Kitty is wearing two ribbons haha!



I had been told about the mediocre-yet-overpriced food at Hello Kitty Cafe, however, it did not deter me from trying. I'm neither a fan of Hello Kitty nor pink color, but still, this cafe looks so cute and Instagenic to me. Just like the name, this cafe is decorated with orchids and a lot of Hello Kitties (duh) - it makes you feel like being in an indoor garden. Elegant but not too much.

Wanted to sit on the swing but wouldn't it be inconvenient to eat that way?

You're the Berry Best Tea - $6.50
The name of the tea sounds cute ya, haha. The tea was served in a cute teapot with a piece of Kitty-shaped butter cookie.

Leaning Tower of Kitty - $24.90
This was my friend's order which I did not try as I was too engrossed with my cake haha. Joking, I was too full from the airplane food I had beforehand. It was Japanese bread with smoked salmon, cheese and arugula, topped with mustard mayo. Anyway, I like how they presented the salad in a glass vase.

Pink Velvet Cake - $8.90
I'm not a fan of pink color but I acknowledge this cake looks so cute, especially with that mini Kitty head on top. Unfortunately, this cake did not taste as good as it looked. It tasted just like normal sponge cake with buttercream, could not find anything special about it except the sweet pinkish color.

Overall, I gotta say this Hello Kitty Cafe is something you could enjoy as long as you do not expect too much from the food. If you are bored of waiting for your flight, you can drop by and relax here, as it conveniently opens 24 hours.

-

65 Airport Boulevard
Terminal 3 Arrival Meeting Hall Central, #01-22 (Public Area)
Singapore Changi Airport
Singapore 819663
+65-62416127
IG: hellokittycafesingapore
Opening hours: 24 hours

Comments

Popular Posts