Mumukuru by Caturra Espresso, Surabaya

Mumukuru is a new addition to the Citraland neighborhood, which makes a good stop for cyclists and joggers. It is located just across SuperIndo, and parking is not a hassle (the parking guy was super helpful in guiding me doing the parallel parking haha). If you are familiar with Caturra Espresso, Mumukuru is opened by the team behind Caturra, so it is a right choice to come here for the coffee.


The 2-storey place is big with plenty of natural lights - it is bright, spacious and welcoming. It has a few dining areas, my suggestion is to choose the one with shades coz it can get damn hot in the midday. The menu contains usual cafe staples like pasta, salad, bites, and of course coffee. Sounds like a decent place for your caffeine fix plus lunch.

Lychee Tea - IDR32,000
It was a great thirst-quencher and the size was satisfying.

Latte - IDR32,000
To keep me in a normal state of mind, I ordered their coffee. Excuse aside, I mean as a fan I could not afford to skip Caturra's coffee. Did not hesitate a single bit since I believed the quality would be consistent. Right, the coffee was full-flavored and of pleasant acidity.

Healthy Chicken Salad - IDR55,000
The salad included a variety of fresh greens and grilled chicken breast meat. Describing the taste of salad ain't easy since it is a combination of veggies, so it depends on the dressing. The dressing was good and did not taste artificial, albeit too little in amount.


Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Spiced Chicken Breast - IDR55,000
Since my stomach got a bit problematic, I requested for the less spicy version. What came to me was a plate of bland pasta with almost no hint of garlic. It was disappointing coz I wanted to eat aglio olio so bad yet I ended up not enjoying it. Anyway, they were generous with the chicken breast, though it suffered the same condition: tasteless.

Mumukuru is indeed a good place to be in and I hope they can add more offerings from the menu. As for the food, there is room for improvement. Coffee was great as usual. Given Caturra's established brand name, I am positive that they will continue to thrive as time passes. All the best!

-

Jl. International Village 1/3, Citraland
Surabaya, Indonesia 60213
Opening hours: 7am - 7.30pm

Comments

Popular Posts