Random Eats: April - June 2020

Item: Budae Jjigae (regular size) - IDR118,000
Location: BBQ Frenzy (Jl. Imam Bonjol, Surabaya)
The regular-sized dish came with 2 bowls of rice, assorted fritters and free-flow drink. The portion was hearty but I think the soup tasted somewhat bland.

Item: Kopi Susu Botol 500ml + Chocochip Kukki - IDR70,000
Location: Kedai KoPE (Jl. Kayoon, Surabaya)
It was a collab between KoPE and Oui Patisserie. The coffee was just okay-ish, but I love the cookie! Though it was hard, the cookie was fragrant and chocolatey.

Item (left): Rainbow Drink - IDR38,000
Item (right): Okinawa Brown Sugar Big Boba - IDR30,000 (regular size)
Location: Kokumi (Plaza Surabaya, Surabaya)
The Rainbow Drink tasted like a mix of fruits with colorful jelly toppings. Meanwhile, the Brown Sugar Boba had the right level of sweetness coming from the brown sugar. I think the quality can be said as on par with Tiger Sugar or even Xing Fu Tang.

Item: Tokyo Locama - IDR27,000
Location: Street Boba (Jl. Tunjungan, Surabaya)
It is a mix of brown sugar boba, fresh milk and Lotus Biscoff. Basically I love anything that contains Biscoff, so this one was a hit for me hehe.


Item: Bakmi Ayam CharSiew - IDR28,000
Location: Bakmi Nostalgia (Jl. Jawa, Surabaya)
The noodle type was the 'mie karet' one, characterized by its chewy and rather thick texture. I was craving for mie karet and I was glad I could find one here. The seasoning was savory and delicious. The char siew was cold but still good to eat with the warm soup.

Item: Yakiniku Ju - IDR55,000
Location: Sushi Tei (Galaxy Mall, Surabaya)
It was my first time trying Sushi Tei's rice menu and it did not disappoint. The yakiniku sauce was bold in flavor and the beef was tender.

Item: Pringles Butter Caramel
Origin: South Korea
I was skeptical of whether caramel would match with potato chips, but this one turned out pretty good. It reminded me of honey butter chips, except that there was a slight burnt flavor from the caramel.

Comments

Popular Posts