Bréve, Surabaya

The boba invasion is getting more and more unstoppable in Surabaya. Riding on the boba wave is Bréve, a small local cafe on Jalan Sambas. It serves various kind of bubble tea and the Instagenic boba toast. I visited this place on the second week since their grand opening. It was still quiet when I came at 10am.





The place is not too big but it is brightly-lit with dominant use of glass materials. Take note that there are not many seats inside (only around 12 seats), so you might want to limit your eating time or consider takeaway.

Matcha Magic - IDR28,000
This concoction consisted of lime, butterfly pea flower, Japanese matcha. I got tempted to try it since  had never tried butterfly pea tea before. I heard butterfly pea was high in antioxidants? Anyway, besides looking pretty, the drink was pretty good. It somewhat tasted like lemonade with a hint of matcha.


Hot Cafe Latte - IDR24,000
Nothing special about the latte but I enjoyed it nonetheless since I was craving for coffee.


Boba Honey Toast - IDR30,000
I literally came down for this haha coz I was drooling over their Instagram post about this specialty dish. The boba toast is made from scratch upon order, hence the relatively long waiting time. The wait was worth it though. I was quite taken aback by how generous they were with the cream cheese. The rich cream cheese matched perfectly with the buttery, crispy toast.

Overall, Bréve makes the cut as one of a few places in town that serves boba toast. Head over if you are craving for anything boba but don't want to break your bank!

-

Jl. Sambas 20
Surabaya, Indonesia 60241
+62895366480653
IG: breve.id
Opening hours: 9am - 9pm

Comments

Popular Posts