Product Review: KFC Chizza

Chicken x pizza = CHIZZA? Who doesn't love that combination? Yes, KFC has stepped up their game by hybridizing the best of both worlds together! If you are on Instagram, you should notice that many Indonesian food bloggers are celebrating the arrival of Chizza in KFC Indonesia by posting a pic of Chizza on their pages. It looks damn sinful tbh. I wanted to follow the trend too, so I ordered one via Go Food to be sent to my office *insert 'shut up and take my money' meme here*.

So, what does Chizza offer? Just like a slice of pizza, KFC Hot & Spicy chicken fillet acts as the pizza base, then topped with tomato sauce, diced capsicum, onions and cheese. But then look at the size!
I was shocked because it was smaller than my palm. Like really. 
The pictures circulating around Instagram are deceiving. When I opened the box, I was literally taken aback by the tiny size. It was much smaller than my imagination. I was thinking that KFC Indonesia actually used normal bone-in chicken topped with Chizza toppings on their promotional pics, which explained the big-looking size.

Okay, let's dig in. All I could taste was rich tomato sauce with some onion bits. I would not complain about the chicken coz KFC Hot & Spicy chicken as usual is bae, except that too much tomato sauce could make the chicken less crunchy. The sauce also tasted very artificial, just like packet tomato sauce smothered with cheese and toppings.

As a whole, Chizza is bursting with flavors. You will feel sweet, sour, spicy and crunchy tastes in one bite. But I want to point out that the Chizza here (or is it just mine?) does not have pineapple bits whereas the one in Malaysia and Singapore is laden with pineapple. Shoot, it spoiled my imagination of eating Hawaiian pizza with chicken crust!

Retailed at IDR16,000 a pop, I would not say it was expensive, but frankly speaking the size did not really do a justice. I probably will not order this again, even for afternoon snack. For such price, I could have a filling meal on the nearest warung. Don't bash me.

Comments

Popular Posts