The Fat Turtle

by - 7:07 AM

As usual, I never missed my day-offs without going to cafes haha. This time round, I visited The Fat Turtle in Seminyak, home of many hipster cafes like Sisterfields, Revolver Espresso, Mexicola and Sea Circus. The Fat Turtle is located on the same stretch with Potato Head Beach Club's main entrance, next to Deus ex Machina boutique to be exact. When I went there, most guests were foreigners and the number of locals could be counted by fingers. Suddenly I felt like I was in Melbourne lol.

The atmosphere was very laid-back. The sofa where I sat on was plied with coffee bean sack and I love how they converted a sewing table to a dining table.


Mocha - IDR28,000
Sadly enough, my hot mocha wasn't very pleasant. The caffeine wasn't strong enough for my liking and the chocolate flavor was faint. Price-wise, I think 28k is a reasonable price to pay for a cuppa coffee.



Red Velvet Pancakes - IDR55,000
Cream cheese mousse, chocolate soil, honeycomb, vanilla ice cream
Most bloggers recommended TFT's red velvet pancakes as a must-have dish here. And they were right! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PANCAKES! They were super fluffy and the cream cheese wasn't overly cheesy, just the way I like it. The honeycomb came in only 4 pieces but damn I was really fond of them - they reminded me of Garrett's caramel popcorn. The ice cream and the chocolate soil created a perfect match together. Not just delicious, the presentation was also a winner, although the cream cheese slipped off the pancake when it's served lol. To my surprise, triple stack of pancake was more than enough to refuel my tummy.

Overall, I really enjoyed my time here. The pancake was just too good and I would definitely come back for this!

***

Jl. Petitenget 886A, Seminyak
Bali, Indonesia 80361

You May Also Like

0 comments